3 August 2023 Joint Zoning Council (JZC) Meeting
This is my personal summary of the meeting.
Solicitor’s Report (Schenkman) – Pending Ordinances requiring action
- JMZO 2022-03 – Bill Board Use Redraft Billboards Allowed Only in Newtown?
- JMZO 2020-03 – Riding Academy Revisions (UMT Proposal). Advertised for Adoption
- JMZO-2022-01 - Wireless Communications. Draft from Cohen Law Group Received. Review of Ordinance & Technical Manual
- Modify Jointure Agreement to codify current Practice of JPC & JZC. Current agreement redlined. JS sent to Township BOS for review.
- JMZO 2022-02 – Electric Vehicle Charging Stations – NT proposal. Redraft (JS/KM) and send to PCs for review.
- JMZO 2022-04 – Expansion of Nonconforming Structures – Height – (WT Proposal). Approved WT BOS.
Planner’s Report (Wolff, Stoff)
- Comprehensive Plan: Draft Plan being reviewed by PC’s/BOS. Draft approved with minor revisions WT BOS & NT BOS. Waiting for comment UMT BOS.
Transcript of Meeting Prepared By Youtube
Attorney Jerry Schenkman discussed the progress or lack thereof being made on preparing a final redraft of the billboard ordinance. The concern is the only place where a billboard use currently would be allowed is in Newtown Township in the “Convenience Commercial District” (CC), located along Newtown-Richboro Rd and Chambers Lane (see image). Mr. Schenkman asked Wrightstown and Upper Makefield to find some place that they would accept these kinds of “off-site” signs.”
The process of updating the so-called 10-year 2009 Newtown Area Joint Comprehensive Plan has been going on for 3 years! [Read “It’s Time for Newtown Township to Update Its Comprehensive Plan!”] The Municipalities Planning Code recommends that Comprehensive Plans be updated every 10 years. At this rate, the new plan will not be approved until 2024 – 15 years after 2009! The holdup is Upper Makefield, which is the ONLY Jointure member that has NOT yet submitted comments to its Supervisors for approval.
Download the unedited time-stamped transcript of this meeting prepared by Youtube from the video: download PDF file.