Events and Meetings
The following calendar includes Newtown Township public meetings as well as other events of interest to Newtown Township residents. Click on the event to see the time, location, agenda as well as other details including links to related information about items on the agenda.
Please refer to the Township Meetings Calendar for available information on all official township meetings. You can also refer to the latest WEEKLY CODES REPORT for meetings that specifically include zoning code issues on the agenda.
- Meet Mack Monday: 13 November 2023
- Board of Supervisors Meeting: 8 November 2023
- Zoning Hearing Board Meeting: 2 November 2023
Santander Bank, 2875 South Eagle Road: Applicant sought and received relief for five signs, size relief and height relief. This site is the former Barre 3. The applicant demonstrated that the unusual footprint and location of the building makes its sign locations necessary. The Bank will have a walk-up ATM requiring identification signage. Much of the relief sought had been granted in the shopping center, some for the prior tenant.
- Meet Mack Monday Zoom Meeting: 16 October 2023
The following presentation, which was made at the 16 October 2023, Meet Mack Monday Zoom meeting, focuses on my review #NewtownPA’s 2024 DRAFT budget.
- Highlights – new hires, capital purchases
- Tax Millage Rate – how much will the average homeowner pay in real estate taxes?
- 2024 Road Program – is your road on the list?
- Fire Protection – weekend coverage by paid firefighters
- Debt Service – new to cover for loan payments related to new LED Street Lights, Pedestrian Crossings
- Need for Future Tax Increases – why?
- Board of Supervisors: 27 September 2023
Sewage Treatment Plant Plan, Borscht Belt Deli "Neon Signage Armageddon", Solar Power for Township Buildings, LDRT “Punchlist” Update, RRFB Plans for Crosswalks, more…
- Board of Supervisors: 13 September 2023
Summary of 13 September 2023 #NewtownPA BOS Meeting— johnmacknewtown (@johnmacknewtown) September 18, 2023
Revised LI/OLI Zoning District Ordinance, Sycamore St/Silo Drive RRFB Plan, Corners at Newtown Text Amendment, August 2023 Police Report, more… https://t.co/1ujzCUsDXd
This is my personal summary of my notes regarding the… pic.twitter.com/XDbUmJk0uM
- Meet Mack Monday: 11 September 2023
Welcome to the September 11, 2023, Meet Mack Monday Zoom meeting presentation by your host John Mack, #NewtownPA Supervisor!— johnmacknewtown (@johnmacknewtown) September 14, 2023
The goal of Meet Mack Monday Zoom meetings is to inform residents of township issues that impact them and to get feedback and comments from residents… pic.twitter.com/DTwL4Iym1Q
Listen to the discussion that followed the presentation:
- Planning Commission: August 15, 2023. Agenda included:
The Corners at Newtown Place, Buck and Richboro Roads. Background:
- “Another "Upscale" Apartment Building Complex Proposed In #NewtownPA Township”)
- Corners at Newtown Databank Folder
The following is a video prepared from Powerpoint using graphics from the application and an edited audio recording of the meeting.
- Board of Supervisors: August 9, 2023
Revised LI/OLI Zoning District Ordinance, Newtown Creek Coalition Bridge, Billboard Ordinance, LDR Trail Site Visit, July 2023 Police Report, Police Building Study, more…
This is my personal summary of the August 9, 2023, meeting of the #NewtownPA Township Board of Supervisors (BOS). This is not a complete nor an official summary.
Access the 2023 BOS Chronicle for detailed summaries of all 2023 BOS meetings plus the BOS voting record (UNOFFICIAL) for 2023.
- August 3, 2023, Joint Zoning Council Meeting: Billboard Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan, More...
- 12 July 2023 Board of Supervisors KRE Zoning Challenge, Wireless (5G) Communications Ordinance, LDR Trail update, Tara Blvd crosswalk safety, tractor trailer parking on LDR, more…
- 6 July 2023 Joint Zoning Council Agenda included Pending Ordinances requiring action: (1) Wireless Communications. Draft from Cohen Law Group Received. Discussion with Joel Winston (listen to audio below); read “An Expert's Critique of the JMZO 5G Wireless Ordinance”; (2) Electric Vehicle Charging Stations; read “PC Discusses Electric Vehicle Charging Stations”; (3) Bill Board Use; See highlights from the 2 June 2022 Joint Zoning Council Meeting. See the meeting minutes for more details...
- 20 June 2023 Planning Commission Two lawyers and one city planner representing Kushner Real Estate (aka KRE) presented their zoning "Validity Challenge" to the Commission, more…
- 6 June 2023 Joint Zoning Council Meeting The Council authorized Thomas to send a request for payment of assessments to each township; Solicitor redrafting language for EV Charging Station and Billboard ordinance;It was announced that we would adjourn to Executive Session to be briefed on litigation regarding the Validity Challenge of KRE Upper Macungie Associates.
- 14 June 2023 Board of Supervisors Capital Grille Restaurant CU Approval & Liquor License Transfer, ARLE Funding Program Resolution, Pedestrian Safety, Wawa Settlement, more…
- 24 May 2023 Board of Supervisors Meet Mack Monday report, Lower Dolington Rd Trail Update, NAC Maintenance Security Deposit Release, DeLuca Construction - 70 Twining Bridge Road, Wawa settlement?, KRE Substantive Challenge, More…
- 22 May 2023 Meet Mack Monday: Deluca Construction Project, Work Continues on LDR Trail, Zoning “Validity Challenges”, Capital Grille Parking, Single-Hauler Trash Collection, More…
- 10 May 2023 Board of Supervisors: Applebee’s, Billboards, Pedestrian Safety, Mayfield Contract Violation, Lower Dolington Road Trail Fiasco, Business Commons Sidewalk project, Fire Services Agreement, Sterling Act Resolution, AV System Upgrade Proposal Discussion, more…
- 26 April 2023 Board of Supervisors: LED Street Light Program, Deluca Construction Proposal Violate CM District Zoning, Mixed-Use Residential/Retail Mix-Up, more...
- 24 April 2023 Meet Mack Monday: Single-Use Plastics Ban, Business Commons Overlay, PFAS In Our Drinking Water, Lower Dolington Road Trail Fiasco, etc.
- 12 April 2023 Board of Supervisors: Plastics Ban Special Meeting Overview, Villas of Newtown Basin Project Awarded, Lower Dolington Road Trail Delay, $75K for Newtown Fire Association, March 2023 Police Report, more… See 12 April 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 3 April 2023 EAC: The Newtown Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) held a special meeting on April 3, 2023, to educate local businesses and residents about it’s proposed single-use plastics ban. See 3 April 2023 EAC Meeting Summary
- 22 March 2023 Board of Supervisors: Arcadia/Mayfield Contract Violations, Single-use Plastics Ban Plans, Bid Awarded for 2023 Road Paving Program, Consortium vs Sale of Public Sewer System, NESD Report, more… See 22 March 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 8 March 2023 Board of Supervisors: Mixed use housing, new apartment building JMZO code, Ardana Food & Drink, single-use plastics ban, Lower Dolington Trail additional costs, new street sweeper approved, more… See 8 March 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 22 February 2023 Board of Supervisors. New Deputy Fire Chief Hired, Environmental Advisory Council Update on Plastics Ban and Solar Power, Resident Comments on Arcadia/Mayfield Project, Planning Commission Report, EMS Report, More… See 22 February 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 20 February 2023 Meet Mack Monday, via Zoom. Thirteen people (mostly Newtown Twp residents) attended this Zoom meeting, which focused on the following topics (view the presentation...):
- 2023 Road Repaving Program: What roads are on the list? How are roads selected? Is there enough money to repave all 4.5 miles of roads?
- Earned Income Tax: 2022 Data, Future Concerns
- Reduced Speed Limits: What’s Next for Newtown-Yardley Road and Sycamore Street?
- 2022 Speeding Citations: Which Roads Saw The Most Citations? Which Saw None?
- Newtown Shopping Center Traffic Study
- Environmental Advisory Council Update: Earth Day Celebration, Single-Use Plastics Ban, and Solar Power
- Privilege of the Floor – Q&A Session covering the following:
- Detailed Meeting Notes