Home | What's New | Newsletter | Contact
Events and Meetings
The following calendar includes Newtown Township public meetings as well as other events of interest to Newtown Township residents. Click on the event to see the time, location, agenda as well as other details including links to related information about items on the agenda.
Featured Upcoming Meetings
- 19 June 2023 (Monday), 7:00 PM: KRE Curative Amendment Hearing, 100 Municipal Drive, Newtown, PA. To consider, and if appropriate, take action on, the application of KRE Upper Macungie Associates LP for a determination that the Newtown Area Joint Municipal Zoning Ordinance is unconstitutionally de jure and/or de facto exclusionary with respect to the legitimate and protected apartment use. View the application, including all plans, explanatory material, and proposed ordinance amendment. For background, read "Developer Challenges #NewtownPA Zoning to Allow 245 Unit Apartment Building in OR District".
Please refer to the Township Meetings Calendar for available information on all official township meetings.
Summaries of Selected Recent Past Meetings
- 24 May 2023 Board of Supervisors Meet Mack Monday report, Lower Dolington Rd Trail Update, NAC Maintenance Security Deposit Release, DeLuca Construction - 70 Twining Bridge Road, Wawa settlement?, KRE Substantive Challenge, more…
- Reports of Committees, Boards and Commissions
- John Mack – Meet Mack Monday
- Reports of Officials
- Work Recommences on Lower Dolington Road Trail
- Solicitor’s Report
- DeLuca Construction, 70 Twining Bridge Road
- See My Detailed Meeting Notes for more details, including NAC Maintenance Security Deposit Release, Provco/Wawa Substantive Challenge Settlement Agreement, KRE Substantive Challenge, etc.
- Reports of Committees, Boards and Commissions
- 22 May 2023 Meet Mack Monday
- Deluca Construction Project – Appeal to Board of Supervisors (BOS): The applicants are seeking to subdivide a 3.08 acre parcel at 70 Twining Bridge Road into two lots for single family homes whereas the CM District permits only one home on 3 acres. Will they succeed in getting the BOS to change its mind and NOT oppose the plan?
- Finally! Work Recommences on Lower Dolington Rd Trail!
- Zoning “Validity Challenges”: Provco/Wawa (Combo Convenience Store/Gas Station in OR District), Kushner RE (245 Unit Apartment Building in OR District)
- Capital Grille Restaurant and Parking in Shopping Center
- Speed Limit Enforcement: Newtown-Yardley Rd
- Single-Hauler Municipal Trash Collection?
- 10 May 2023 Board of Supervisors Applebee’s, Billboards, Pedestrian Safety, Mayfield Contract Violation, Lower Dolington Road Trail Fiasco, Business Commons Sidewalk project, Fire Services Agreement, Sterling Act Resolution, AV System Upgrade Proposal Discussion, more…
- Planning Commission Report
- Public Comment Regarding Wawa & Pedestrian Safety
- 4 May 2023 Engineer’s Report (link to full report)
- Fire Services Agreement Amendment
- April 2023 Police Report
- See My Detailed Meeting Notes for more details, including Sterling Act Resolution, Bills List, Meeting Room AV Improvement Proposals, etc.
- Official Video
- Video Transcript
- 26 April 2023 Board of Supervisors. DVRPC LED Street Light Procurement Program Presentation (for background read “LED Street Light Feasibility Study Approved”); BOS voted to send Comprehensive Plan update back to the Jointure for distribution to neighboring municipalities and the school district, and for advertising a public hearing to consider adoption; BOS took a position opposing DeLuca Construction, 70 Twining Bridge Road plan and asked the Solicitor to send a letter to the Zoning Hearing Board, which will decide to uphold the Conservation Management (CM) Zoning or allow two homes to be built on 3 acres (whereas CM zoning allows only one house per three acres)’ BOS did NOT oppose Blue Point Grill, 3 West Road – Construction of patio (see 24 April 2023 MMM); Reports: ESD Report – Chief Forsyth; Planning Commission Report.
- 24 April 2023 Meet Mack Monday
Single-Use Plastics Ban, Business Commons Overlay, PFAS In Our Drinking Water, Lower Dolington Road Trail Fiasco, LED Streetlights Feasibility Study, New Plan to Fix Villas of Newtown Detention Basin, Tractor Trailer Trucks Parked on Lower Dolington Road, Deluca construction of 2 single-family houses at 70 Twining Bridge Rd, Wawa Update, Blue Point Grill Patio Expansion. See 24 April 2023 MMM Meeting Summary for details.
- 12 April 2023 Board of Supervisors. Plastics Ban Special Meeting Overview, Villas of Newtown Basin Project Awarded, Lower Dolington Road Trail Delay, $75K for Newtown Fire Association, March 2023 Police Report, more… See 12 April 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 3 April 2023 EAC. The Newtown Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) held a special meeting on April 3, 2023, to educate local businesses and residents about it’s proposed single-use plastics ban. See 3 April 2023 EAC Meeting Summary
- 22 March 2023 Board of Supervisors. Arcadia/Mayfield Contract Violations, Single-use Plastics Ban Plans, Bid Awarded for 2023 Road Paving Program, Consortium vs Sale of Public Sewer System, NESD Report, more… See 22 March 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 8 March 2023 Board of Supervisors. Mixed use housing, new apartment building JMZO code, Ardana Food & Drink, single-use plastics ban, Lower Dolington Trail additional costs, new street sweeper approved, more… See 8 March 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 22 February 2023 Board of Supervisors. New Deputy Fire Chief Hired, Environmental Advisory Council Update on Plastics Ban and Solar Power, Resident Comments on Arcadia/Mayfield Project, Planning Commission Report, EMS Report, More… See 22 February 2023 BOS Meeting Summary for details.
- 20 February 2023 Meet Mack Monday, via Zoom. Thirteen people (mostly Newtown Twp residents) attended this Zoom meeting, which focused on the following topics (view the presentation...):
- 2023 Road Repaving Program: What roads are on the list? How are roads selected? Is there enough money to repave all 4.5 miles of roads?
- Earned Income Tax: 2022 Data, Future Concerns
- Reduced Speed Limits: What’s Next for Newtown-Yardley Road and Sycamore Street?
- 2022 Speeding Citations: Which Roads Saw The Most Citations? Which Saw None?
- Newtown Shopping Center Traffic Study
- Environmental Advisory Council Update: Earth Day Celebration, Single-Use Plastics Ban, and Solar Power
- Privilege of the Floor – Q&A Session covering the following:
- Detailed Meeting Notes
Connect With Us