Home | What's New | Newsletter | Events & Meetings | Contact
Meet Mack Monday
Join Me for a Chat
Are you concerned about over development in Newtown, tax increases, traffic, quality of our roads, preserving open space or about any issue that has or will come before the Board of Supervisors (BOS) and other township boards and commissions?
Feel free to attend one of my Meet Mack Monday (MMM) events that I host periodically, usually the 2nd Monday of the month before the first BOS meeting (refer to the Event Calendar for specific dates and access to registration form). I will inform you of items coming up for discussion at public meetings you may not be able to attend and that are not televised. I will listen to your concerns and together with other residents and business owners I will try to come up with solutions to problems that make sense for Newtown as a whole.
DISCLAIMER: Meet Mack Monday meetings are not official Newtown Township meetings. The opinions expressed at Meet Mack Monday events are solely those of John Mack and the attendees of the meeting and do not represent the opinions of any other entity.
Next MMM Meeting: 22 May 2023
Deluca Construction Project – Appeal to BOS (see 26 April 2023 BOS Meeting Summary); Lower Dolington Rd Trail Work Restarts! (see short 1-minute video); Developer Challenges #NewtownPA Zoning to Allow 245 Unit Apartment Building in OR District (More Details...); Other Topics: Capital Grille Restaurant CU Application, Speed Limit Enforcement: Newtown-Yardley Rd; May 10, 2023, BOS Meeting Highlights; Privilege of the Floor. Get login information: https://bit.ly/3AfJLYk
Most Recent Past Meeting: 24 April 2023
- 24 April 2023 Meet Mack Monday, via Zoom. Eleven Newtown Twp residents. attended this Zoom meeting, which included a 14-minute presentation:
- Single-Use Plastics Ban Update – What McCaffrey’s Market had to say about it
- “Mixed Use” Apartments Suggested for Business Commons
- PFAS In Our Drinking Water: EPA is proposing drastically lower safe limits! What Are the Levels in Our Water?
- Lower Dolington Road Trail Disappoints: Residents are disappointed in the progress or lack thereof. Hopefully there will be something new to report at the meeting.
- Other Topics
- New Plan to Fix Villas of Newtown Detention Basin - Will It Work?
- Tractor Trailer Trucks Parked on Lower Dolington Road Are An Eyesore & Hazard – What Can Be Down About It?
- Deluca Homes Proposed for CM District - Aside from Zoning Issues, Does It Threaten Another Twining "Historic Resource?"
- Wawa Decision by ZHB Delayed – Why?
- Blue Point Grill Pation Expansion Request - More Seats, Less Accessible Parking?
See 24 April 2023 MMM Meeting Summary for details.
- 20 Februrary 2023: Thirteen people (mostly Newtown Twp residents) attended this Zoom meeting, which focused on the following topics (view the presentation...):
- 2023 Road Repaving Program: What roads are on the list? How are roads selected? Is there enough money to repave all 4.5 miles of roads?
- Earned Income Tax: 2022 Data, Future Concerns
- Reduced Speed Limits: What’s Next for Newtown-Yardley Road and Sycamore Street?
- 2022 Speeding Citations: Which Roads Saw The Most Citations? Which Saw None?
- Newtown Shopping Center Traffic Study
- Environmental Advisory Council Update: Earth Day Celebration, Single-Use Plastics Ban, and Solar Power
- Privilege of the Floor – Q&A Session covering the following:
- Detailed Meeting Notes
- 23 January 2023 - Change Zoning to Allow Apartment Complex?, Pull Out of the Jointure?, Sewer Rate Increase, “Historic” Site on Toll Bros Site: Should It Be Preserved?, More...
- 5 December 2022 - Revised 2023 Budget, 2021 Audit, Wawa’s “Substantive Validity Challenge”, “Questionable” Projects Proposed for OR District, Not On My BYpass! A New Facebook Group, More...
- 17 October 2022 - Newtown/Wrightstown Police Services Agreement, No Turn on RED, More...
- 12 September 2022 - BCSWA Sale, EMS Tax Increase Referendum, Women’s Reproductive Rights Resolution, Dangerous Intersection, Lower Dolington Road Trail Delay, More...
- 11 July 2022 - Lower Dolington Road Trail Delay, Where's Wawa?, NT Yardley Rd/Bypass Intersection Safety, Newtown Ambulance Squad, Fire Services Agreement, More...
- 6 June 2022 - Fire Services Agreement, Chick-fil-A, Outdoor Furnaces, Billboards, Wawa, 5G Small Antennas, More...
- 16 May 2022 - Wawa Land Development, Better BOS Meeting Audio-Visual Technology, ARP Funds, More...
- 11 April 2022 - Wawa Land Development, 5G Wireless Ordinance, Hybrid/Live Streaming of BOS Meetings, Single-Use Plastics Ordinance, Pension Fund Divestiture of Russian Stocks, Newtown Gun Show, More...
- 7 March 2022 - Love is Love, Newtown Gun Show, Toll Update, Arcadia Update, More...
- 7 February 2022 - Newtown Gun Show, N Sycamore Street Pedestrian Safety, Toll Bros Update, What to Spend ARP Funds On, More...
- 10 January 2022: Pedestrian Safety, Arcadia U-turn (Notes)
- 22 November 2021: Pedestrian Safety (Notes & Audio Archive)
- 18 October 2021: Manager's Recommended 2022 Budget (Notes & Audio Archive)
- 20 September 2021: Toll Bros All Saints Cemetery Proposed Settlement, Hybrid Meetings (Notes & Audio Archive)
- August 9, 2021: Arcadia Land Development, Toll Bros New Plan, Wawa (Audio Archive)
- June 21, 2021: Starting the 2022 Budget Process Sooner, Wawa ZHB Hearing Summary, Arcadia Land Development Overview, Lower Dolington Trail Progress Report, How to Spend COVID Relief Funds (Video Archive)
- May 3, 2021: Wawa Update, Lower Dolington Trail Update, Preliminary Survey Results (Audio clips)
- March 11, 2021: Wawa, Doggy Dayz K9 Resort, Is 5G Safe?
- February 8, 2021: Arcadia III Settlement
- January 11, 2021: Why I Voted to Approve the 2021 Budget
- December 7, 2020: What Can Be Done to Limit a Tax Increase
- November 9, 2020: Continued discussion of the "Recommended" 2021 Budget
- October 26, 2020: Discuss Details of the "Recommended" 2021 Budget
- October 12, 2020: Arcadia Litigation, Proposed 2021 Budget
- September 21, 2020: 5-Year Financial Plan, E30 Use
- August 24, 2020: Toll Bros Plan
- July 6, 2020: Police Accountability
- May 11, 2020: Newtown BINGO! Helping Businesses During COVID-19
- April 20, 2020: Diversion of Tax Funds to Cover Deficit Spending
- March 9, 2020: Code Regarding Neglected Property
- February 10, 2020: Speeding on Mill Pond Road
Connect With Us