The following are the TOP TEN viewed blog posts in 2021 in rank order.
- Wawa is Back! (205 views) Wawa has been a perennial favorite topic since 2018!
- Newtown Gate Residents Versus Doggy Dayz K9 Resort (159 views) It's all about the noise (see #8).
- It's Time to Improve Pedestrian Safety on N Sycamore Street! (117 views) A pedestrian death at N Sycamore & Silo Dr.
- Newtown Township Employee Salaries & Wages (107 views) There were big increases in "exempt" township employee salaries in 2021.
- The Future of Newtown Township's Paid Fire Services (93 views) Pouring more money into volunteer recruitment may not help. Meanwhile, Newtown Twp has sent several invoices to the Borough in an attempt to get it to pay its fair share of paid firefighter expenses.
- Attacking the Root of the Opioid Crisis - Pharmaceutical Companies (89 views) The township recently approved a settlement a lawsuit against certain opioid manufacturers and distributors. It may get $250,000 if the settlement is finalized.
- 5G Technology Near You/Me/Schools (81 views) The Jointure - Newtown, Wrightstown, and Upper Makefield - is working on an ordinance to have some control over the location and appearance of short 5G antennas.
- Newtown Township to Consider Amending Noise Ordinance (64 views) It was considered and enacted! However, there is still a barking dog nuisance ordinance!
- Residents Present Their Case For and Against a Super WaWa on the Bypass (56 views) The PROs won! But Wawa did not get all it wants form the Zoning Hearing Board. So, it is suing Newtown again to get what it wants! Not a nice gesture!
- Another Proposed Project on Newtown Bypass (56 views) Now that Wawa will build on the Bypass, there is likely to be more development along the Bypass like this proposed nursing home.
Posted on 02 Jan 2022, 10:30 - Category: Misc