In 2019, Newtown Township plans to perform roadway rehabilitation along several Township roads. A portion of the funding for this project will be provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Municipal Liquid Fuels Program Definition.
At the February 13, 2019, Board of Supervisors (BOS) meeting, the Township was authorization to advertise the 2019 Road Program. Newtown Township will utilize the PennBid electronic bidding to receive sealed bids for this program. PennBid efficiently matches buyers and sellers of goods and services. It is hoped that by submitting the bids early, that the Township will receive competitive bids and get a good deal.
The project locations include 11 roads (2.34 miles) in the “Base Bid” and 8 “Alternate Roads,” one or more of which will be included in the project if the chosen lowest acceptable base bid comes in below the budgeted amount of $710,000 ($640,000 from the Liquid Fuels Program).
BASE BIDS will cover the following 11 roads (a total of 2.34 miles):
- Merion Drive: full length including intersections with E. and W. Burns Lane;
- E. Burns Lane: full length;
- W. Burns Lane: full length;
- Hillside Road and Clearview Drive: full length;
- Cliveden Drive: Cliveden Drive to Brookdale Place, including the intersection with Brookdale Place.
- Eldrigde Road: full length;
- Linton Hill Road: full length from Stoopville Road to the culvert over the tributary to Newtown Creek, including intersections with Waterford Place, Wrights Road, and Winding Lane
- Hershey Court: full length, including cul-de-sac;
- Hickory Court: full length, including cul-de-sac;
- Gettysburg Lane: full length, including cul-de-sac;
- Cherry Lane: full length, including cul-de-sac
ALTERNATE BIDS will also be accepted for the following 8 roads (a total of 1.08 miles):
- Primrose Court: full length, including cul-de-sac;
- Terry Drive: from Pheasant Run Road to Blacksmith Road, including the intersection with Blacksmith Road;
- Blacksmith Road: from Terry Drive to the cul-de-sac approximately 1,000 feet east of the intersection with Terry Drive;
- Sycamore Street: from the Newtown Bypass (Route 332) to Durham Road;
- Bedford Lane: full length, including both culs-de-sac;
- Hampton Circle: full length, including cul-de-sac;
- Brighton Place: full length, including cul-de-sac;
- Chatham Place: full length.
Bids will be opened in a public meeting on Tuesday, March 19, 2019, at 10:00 AM at the Newtown Township Administration Building, 100 Municipal Drive, Newtown, PA 18940.
Posted on 11 Mar 2019, 01:17 - Category: Roads